VisionImparting faith education, besides the formal education, to bring awareness among the children and the youth that the purpose of education is to become human with an element of divinity, following Salesian values and virtues, to educate at the mind heart level.
MissionWe believe firmly that there is no evidence of truth better than God himself. As St. Francis De Sales we look for God in everything cultivating in us-His Gentleness and Firmness in approaching people people with cheerful availability and hospitality and in all our affairs relying wholly on God to whom alone all our plans owe their success.
A Short Brief About Agripalli Parish Ministry and Education
Agiripalli mission was started in the year 1980 by Fr. Joseph Karachira. But it became an independent parish in the year 1992. Originally the pioneering work of evangelization was carried out by the diocesan clergy from the Thelaprollu Parish which is towards the south-east of Agripalli about 25 kms.away. It was some 30 years ago. But when the MSFS congregation started working in the diocese of Vijayawada in the late 1970’s or the early 1980’s at Nunna Parish, Agripalli Mission was attached to the same to carry on the evangelization work. So, Rev. Fr. Joseph Karachira was the pioneer of the Agiripalli Mission. There after late Bishop Joseph Thumma bifurcated it from Nunna Parish and establishedAgiripalli as a separate parish entrusting it to the MSFS congregation to carry on the evangelization work in the 1st half of the 1990’s,i.e. Probably in the year 1992 or 1993.
Rev.Fr. Joseph Nellimalamattam was the first Parish Priest posted at Agripalli to continue the mission work staying here till 2004th May. At present it has a catholic population of 1650 people scattered in 7 villages.Agiripalli mission has 7sub stations. Namely Agiripalli, Chinna, Agiripali, Rajaram, Pinnamaredipalli, Sagguri, Narsingapalem, Tadepalli, Krishnaram. Thottapalli, Nuguntyah. SFS School was started in the year 1996. Total strength of the school is 770 and the teaching staff is 25. At present, Fr. Bonthu Prasad is the Parish Priest and Fr. P. Raj Kumar is the Principal of the School.
Some Details About The Centre
- Apostolates at the Centre - Parish Ministry and Education
- Number of confreres at present - Three Priests
- People benefitting from it are mostly - Poor and lower middle class of all religious groups in the School. And in the Parish, mostly poor to very poor.
- Infrastructure - Insufficient to the present needs and needs to be improved both in the Parish and the school
- Financial Status - Dependant on the Province for all extraordinary expenses
- Religious Congregations nearby - Sisters of St. Joseph of Annecy
- Suggestions and Comments for its Future - Infrastructure in the School and Parish has to be improved. Fencing the Land is needed in order to prevent encroachment. A Bus is needed for the school.