A Short Brief About Chinnamanayunikota Parish Ministry
Chinnamanayunikota mission was entrusted to MSFS in the year 1975, Rev. Fr. Devasia Kuzhupil as its first MSFS priest. It is located in the diocese of Kurnool. Chinnamanayunikota (C.N. Kota) is an interior village,25 km away from Anantapur town. There are over 600 people in the village.
In 1975 Bishop Rajappa of Kurnool detached this village from Yaleru and gave it to Anantapur south parish and thus it came under MSFS Fr. Devaisa Kuzhupil, the parish priest of Anantapur south parish was very much touched by the faith of the people and their practice of religion, and moved by the pitiable state of the church, as it was leaking everywhere, so he tried hard to get some funds and completed the church. He also acquired some more land for the church and did some social work to help the people.
In 1989 Chinnamanayunikota was erected as a separate parish and parish priest was appointed. There is a primary school in the village which was so far run as aided by MSFS in the room attached to the church. Now the Province has built a separate school. At present Fr. S. Ignatius is the Parish Priest.
Some Details About The Centre
- Apostolates at the Centre - Parish Ministry
- Other Apostolates at the Centre - Elementary School – Telugu Medium
- Number of confreres at present - One Priest
- People benefitting from it are mostly - Poor and lower middle class
- Infrastructure - Sufficient
- Financial Status - Self-sufficient
- Suggestions and Comments for its Future - Fencing the Land. Though the land is there, it is not much cultivable due to lack of water, so it is better to sell the land and deposit the amount in the name of the Parish.