A Short Brief About Jaggampeta Parish Mission
Fr. KurianCheriyankalayil, the then parish priest of Pitapuram founded a small Christian community in 2004 in Jaggampeta.In July 2004, Fr. Kurian bought 3.54 acres land in the name of Salesian Andhra Society from KottaNarayana Murthy, during the tenure of Provincial Rev. Fr. Thomas Perumalil. Fr. Kurian had made a temporary thatched shed and used to celebrate Mass on Sundays. However, the mission was neglected due to its distance from the main station Pithapuram. In 2013, Fr. SavariRajan was appointed as the in-charge of the Jaggampeta mission but was placed atPithapuramcommunity.
Finally, in 2014 a community was erected in Jaggampeta. Fr. Babu Raj was appointed as the mission in-charge of Jaggampeta to take care of the pastoral needs of the faithful. The Provincial Administration had decided to build a Presbytery and the construction was completed within 8 months. The house was named “MSFS HOUSE” and blessed by His grace Rt. Rev. MallavarapuPrakash, and opened by the then Provincial Rev. Fr. Simon Paicatt on 10th April 2015. At present, we have now around 10 catholic families in Jaggampeta town. There is much to explore and implant the Catholic faith in this region since Jaggampeta is much surrounded by number of villages in 20 kilometers radius. The Provincial Administration is yet to decide on the other apostolates or ministry to be introduced at Jaggampeta.
Some Details About The Centre
- Apostolates at the Centre - Parish Ministry
- Other apostolate - Studying the possibilities of Technical or Educational
- Number of confreres at present - One Priest
- People benefitting from it are mostly - Poor and lower middle class
- Infrastructure - Sufficient to the present needs
- Financial Status - Dependant on the Province
- Suggestion - Grotto of Our Lady at the Gate. Take a decision soon on starting an Institution.