A Short Brief About karamchedu Mission
Karamchedu mission, Catholic Church, was started in the year 1983 by rev. Fr.Varghese Puthuparampil was the first parish priest of Parachur mission who started the work staying in a rented house. Now there are 14 sub- stations, and one of them is Karamchedu, and one of them is Karamchedu, 5km from Parchur. Where there is a good catholic community of about 160 families. Karamchedu has big beautiful constructed some 70 years ago, Fr.MarreddyInnaiah when it was under Guntur diocese. In1990 Karamchedu assumed the status of a parish; the parish priest resides there to meet the spiritual needs of the faithful. Rev. Frs. Jose Chirayath, KalluriMariadas, Xavier Michael, S. Ignatius, Raphael Karekatt, G. Shantha Kumar etc. worked for the development of the mission. There are160 catholic families and three sub stations.
Some Details About The Centre
- Apostolates at the Centre - Parish Ministry
- Number of confreres at present - One Priest
- People benefitting from it are mostly - Daily labourers, poor and lower middle class
- Infrastructure - Sufficient to the present needs but needs to be improved
- Financial Status - Self-sufficient
- Suggestion - Nursery/ KG section could be started. Construct a new presbytery. Construct a Community Hall. Chapel at a sub-station.