VisionTo evolve a vibrant Catholic Community and strengthen the faith of the members so that moved by the Holy Spirit, they may bear witness to their faith and grow in love of God.
MissionTo bring in renewal among the parishioners, basic Christian Communities by visiting the families and praying with them to frequent the Sacraments more often, reading the Bible and Catechism of Catholic Church and life of Saints, conducting catechism exams to encourage the children, to conduct yearly retreats to the faithful.
A Short Brief About Kothapalli Parish Ministry
Kothapally Mission, Holy Redeemer Church, was started in the year 1957 march 12th by Rev.Fr. Thomas a Priest from the diocese of Guntur. It was entrusted to MSFS in the year 1993 Fr. Jose Chirayath being as its first MSFS priest. Kothapally has catholic population of 935; it has 84 catholic families and 3 sub stations. They are: Dwarakapuri, Koppunur&Thallapalli. Catholic institutions running within the parish are St. Anthony Convent and St. Ann’s Elementary School run by sisters of St. Ann of Pirangipuram. Rev. Frs. N. Francis Xavier, Julian, Ignatius etc. worked in the mission. At present, Fr. Nellimalamattom Joseph is the Parish Priest
Some Details About The Centre
- Apostolates at the Centre - Parish Ministry
- Number of confreres at present - One Priests
- People benefitting from it are mostly - Poor to very poor
- Infrastructure - Sufficient at present but to be improved
- Financial Status - Dependent
- Religious Congregations nearby - St. Anne’s of Phirangipuram
- Suggestions and Comments for its Future - Presbytery needs to be renovated