A Short Brief About Mandadi Parish Ministry
Mandadi mission was entrusted to the Missionaries of St. Francis De Sales in the year 1999. Fr. Vettukattil Abraham as its parish priest for long 10 years did lot of ground work. It has the Catholic population of 100 people. It has 37 catholic families, 6 sub stations. Bishop of Guntur requested the then Provincial of Visakhapanam to establish mission at Veldurty, later in the year 1999 August 15th, Bishop sent an official letter to take over the Veldurty mission. On 21st of Nov, 1999 on the Feast of Christ the King, Parish priest held a simple opening ceremony of the new mission. Because of the pastoral reasons the parish priest Fr. Abraham shifted his residence from Veldurty to Mandadi. Mandadi is 12 kms away from Veldurthymandal in the district of Guntur. Ecclesiastically it is in the diocese of Guntur. At present Fr. Dande Benjamin is the Parish priest.
Some Details About The Centre
- Apostolates at the Centre - Parish Ministry
- Number of confreres at present - One Priest
- People benefitting from it are mostly - Poor to very poor
- Infrastructure - Sufficient at present but to be improved
- Financial Status - Dependent
- Religious Congregations nearby - St. Anne’s of Phirangipuram
- Suggestions and Comments for its Future - Evening tuitions could be introduced. Consider starting a Non-formal Technical institute. Introduce medical services and family apostolate in the mission. Look for some religious Sisters Congregation for the above mentioned services.