VisionTo make known the Salesian way of life through its various activities and to develop the centre gradually into a Salesian centre for special studies and to provide accommodation for those who wish to deepen their knowledge in Salesian literature and way of life.
MissionTo disseminate Salesian Spirituality, to provide opportunities for priests, religious and even laity for spiritual growth and renewal, to conduct seminars, retreats and other various spiritual activities to promote greater awareness towards holistic life.
A Short Brief About MSFS Dhyanashram
MSFS Dhyanashram is 3 storeyed building with 36 rooms built as an extension of the Provincialate Stella Maris very close to it with the intention of holding Congregation and Province level meetings and also as an alternative to hold retreats and conferences for the MSFS Confreres. It was blessed on 2012 by Most Rev. Dr. K. Mariadas, Archbishop of Visakhapatnam and opened by Very Rev. Fr. Simon Paicatt, Provincial of Visakhapatnam. However, later it was made as the Centre for Renewal of Salesian Spirituality.
The first Seminar on Salesian Spirituality was conducted at Dhyanashram by Fr. Dominc Savio in January 2013 and it was a great success. The following year Fr. B. Suresh Babu was appointed as the first Director of the MSFS Dhyanashram. He took a lot of interest in conducting various seminars and retreats for various religious and lay groups such as Seminars on Formation, Education, Consecrated Life, Psychology and Councelling etc. apart from organizing retreats for Religious Congregations. At present Fr. Francis Stephen is the Director of the Centre.
Some Details About The Centre
- Apostolates at the Centre - Innovative Ministry (Retreats, Seminars, Conferences)
- Number of confreres at present - One Priest
- People benefitting from the center - Priests, Religious Brothers and Sisters and People of all religious groups – Parents, Youth, teachers, Lay Catholics etc.
- Infrastructure - Insufficient at present and needs to be improved for the future needs.
- Financial Status - Dependant
- Suggestions and comments for its future -The present situation at the centre is not conducive to conduct retreats and spiritual programmes. The Centre needs to be updated.