A Short Brief About Palasa - Kasibugga Mission
A team of pioneers, Rev. Fr. Devasia Kuzhupil msfs, a missionary visionary, Rev. Fr. Mathew Nadackal msfs and Rev. Fr. Thomas Kochuparambil msfs were assigned to this mission. And they landed there on 29thJune, 1983. Before undertaking, Fr. Devasia visited the place. It was providential that he met Mr. Francis a catholic who was then working as a teacher in government school, Palasa, helped him to get a house on rent for their residence. The team studied the situation and identified the needs of the twin towns and the surrounding villages. The first thing the missionaries did was to start two English medium Schools, one in Palasa and the other in Kasibugga. Both the schools began with the Kindergarten classes in the rented buildings. The strength began to grow gradually. Sisters of Franciscan Missionary sisters of the Sacred Heart (FMSH) , Vijayawada, were invited to support the services and they generously responded. As it was found difficult to concentrate on two schools and it was not viable economically to run two upcoming schools, later it was decided to close down one of them. Kasibugga School with its location and prospects, strength and public favour enjoyed the advantage of being in better position than Palasa School. So Palasa School was closed down and Kasibugga School received the total attention. From then on many fathers worked tirelessly for the development of the School and the mission.
Some Details About The Centre
- Apostolates at the Centre - Parish Ministry and Education
- Number of confreres at present - Three Priests
- Other Apostolate - English Medium Boarding (All Savara Catholic Students)
- People benefitting from it are mostly - Poor and lower middle class of all religious groups in the School. And in the Parish, mostly Tribals and economically very poor.
- Infrastructure - Sufficient to the present needs but needs to be improved especially in the Parish.
- Financial Status - Self-sufficient and supports the Province in case of need
- Religious Congregations nearby - FMSC (Franciscan Missionaries of Sacred Heart)
- Suggestions - Church building at Govindapuram. Repairs at Substations. Distribution of notebooks to the poor children. Fencing the three acres land. Starting KG Sections. Development of a pilgrimage centre at Gangannapeta. Special conventions at substations.