VisionReaching out to the people who are astray from the church. Reevangelization and re-vitalization of the faithful to strengthen the faith of the children and youth.
MissionConstant pastoral care. House visiting, Catechism classes to suit the mind of the children and youth. Retreat and recollection for the youth. Value based education in the school.
A Short Brief About Shanthinagar Parish & Education Ministry
Shanthinagar mission was started in the year 1975 by Rev. Fr. Philip Parackal as its first MSFS Priest. In 1975 Rt. Rev. Dr. S. Arulappa, Archbishop of Hyderabad offered a center in the city of Hyderabad to look after the spiritual needs of the Catholics of Moulali, which include (a) the Mallapuram Convent of St. Ann’s Sisters of Providence with their juniorate, postulatancy and the old sisters (b) E.C.I.L ( the electronic corporation of india LTD) (c) moula-ali railway quarters area.
Philip Parackal was sent to Secundrabad to be in charge of area in 1975. At first he stayed at Tiuimalgiri Parish for one month and then he shifted to St. Antony’s church, Mettuguda, as substation of Lalaguda, where at that time there was no resident priest. By 1976 January the MSFS bought the property at Shanthinagar and shifted their residence on 11th February 1976 to Shantinagar. From 1976 onward SFS parish was looked after by MSFS. In the initial stages, a vast area was under the care of Shanthingar Parish. Gradually as the number increased and demand for the spiritual needs increased, the new parishes were erected out of Shanthinagar parish. At present SFS parish consists of 400 families. 11th February, on the feast of our lady of Lourdes and named it as Lordunivas. Many priests – Fr. Joseph Pulickal, Fr. Jose Chirayath, Fr. Thumma Mariadas Reddy, Fr. Sesetty Mariadas, Fr. Raphael Karekatt etc. served the mission. Fr. Jose Marie etc. have worked in the School and the Parish and developed it to this present state. In July 2015 Rev. Fr. Chinnappa Reddy, the Parish priest, became Provincial of Visakhapatnam and so was replaced by Fr. Dhaman Kumar.
S.F.S. School is started in June 1976 by Rev. Fr. Philip Parackal, with KG sections were classes and gradually developed into the present status. The school building was blessed on 2nd January 1979 by Rev. Fr. Emile Mayoraz, then Superior General. The 2nd Floor was built in 1988 by Rev. Fr. Mathew Mundamattam. There after Frs. Jose Edasserry, Joseph Pulickal, George Kottam, Simon Paicatt, John Vadakamparambil, Sesetty Mariadas, Jose Marie, Jerry Louis and P. Inna Reddy worked hard for development of the School. At present Fr. Manoj is the principal.
Some Details About The Centre
- Apostolates at the Centre - Parish Ministry and Education Ministry
- Other Apostolates at the Centre - Community development programmes like – tailoring, embroidery, Fabric painting.
- Number of confreres at present - Three Priests
- People benefitting from it are mostly - Multi cultural, multi linguistic, multi religious in nature. People in general are poor and lower middle class
- Infrastructure - Sufficient
- Financial Status - Self-sufficient and supports the Province in case of need
- Religious Congregations nearby - St. Joseph’s of Annecy (Contract between the MSFS and SJA Provincial)
- Suggestions and Comments for its Future - In general SFS Parish/School is a vibrant center in the province with lot of bright future.